Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Easter reflection



In anticipating the coming of Easter, a thought crossed my mind. Why was Christmas so much more celebrated than Easter and all over the world? Hardly anyone mentions the coming of Easter Day except for the Good Friday public holiday here in our country. We hear of people making plans to do something on the public holiday, like any other public holiday.

Then I decided that this Easter, and every other Easter onwards, I don't want to simply treat this as just one of the holidays. I wanted for our family to look at Easter and understand the significance and importantly, the power of the cross - the one that Jesus bore. In the beginning of this week, I started worshipping on my keybaord with my family with these songs, "Above all" and "Power of your love". In the days that followed, we saw how God used those moments to prepare our hearts.

Today I received two not so good news. One was a hope that was dashed, the other made me feel alone. Both the incidents left me dry. I felt that I was taken a ride for. I felt we were misunderstood and misjudged. We had real needs. Both incidents had to do with money. I felt broke and truly broken. How could this happened?

Then I remembered. Jesus in his love for men obeyed God up to the point of the cross. The journey to the cross is one of humiliation, torture and absolute pain. But he bore it, because he knows that this is the only way men can be saved. Jesus was broken for us. When he died, he took our brokeness and pin it to the cross with him. When he arose, he mended everything so we are made whole. To be specific, the Bible tells me more.

God reminded me that I am a CHILD OF GOD. 1 John 3:1-3 says "See how great a love the Father has bestowed upon us, that we should be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we shall be. We know that, when He appears, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure."

The Bible gateway explains:

The satisfaction the believer has about Christ, and eternal life through him.

Little does the world know of the happiness of the real followers of Christ. little does the world think that these poor, humble, despised ones, are favourites of God, and will dwell in heaven. let the followers of Christ be content with hard fare here, since they are in a land of strangers, where their lord was so badly treated before them. The sons of god must walk by faith, and live by HOPE. They may well wait in faith, HOPE and earnest desire, for the revelation of the Lord Jesus. The sons of God will be known, and be made manifest by likeness to their head. They shall be transformed into the same image, by their view of him.

If Christmas is a season of LOVE. Easter is a season of HOPE. They are interlinked. Because Jesus LOVES us, he has given us HOPE. Have a blessed Easter everyone.

Myspace Comments
Easter Comments
Myspace 2.0 Layouts



0 comments: