Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, September 08, 2013

Have Your Way - Hillsong

This oldie reminds me of what a secret place is.  When the world wears us down, and our soul seeks to find a resting place, we go somewhere whether physically or mentally.

In this modern world, people often look for exotic holidays to titillate their senses and to discover adventure.

We can also find comfort and rest by thinking of a thought, a person, an image, or a thing. Many things can make us feel good, but many of these things are soulful yearnings, soulish in nature. They are not of God. Over time, what we take comfort in, becomes a foothold in our lives.  It is so subtle, because no one can see it and we let it go undetected. It escapes the best of us, until it becomes a habit and entangles us.

This song reminds me why we should make our resting place sacred. Jesus says in Matthew 11: 28-30 "28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

See to it that nothing man-made takes the place of that which was created to be filled by our Saviour.

"Therefore O Lord, have your way into our hearts. Though painful, nothing is impossible through God who gives us strength."

Be blessed!



"Have Your Way" by Hillsong (1998).

This yearning deep within me
reaches out to You.
Your oil of joy for mourning
soaks me, makes me new.

And I will go to Your secret place
Bow my knee to Your glorious throne
Have Your way in my heart oh Lord
Have Your way.

And I will go to Your secret place,
Bow my knee to Your glorious throne.
Have Your way in my heart, oh Lord.
Have Your way.

I need You Holy Spirit,
Fire to my soul.
Consume my total being.
Jesus take control.

And I will go to Your secret place.
Bow my knee to Your glorious throne.
Have Your way in my heart, oh Lord.
Have Your way.

And I will go to Your secret place
Bow my knee to Your glorious throne.
Have Your way in my heart, oh Lord.
Have Your way.

Have Your way.
Have Your way.
Have Your way.

Use my life Lord.
Let it bring glory to Your name.
Change my heart, change it God.

And I will go to Your secret place
Bow my knee to Your glorious throne.
Have Your way in my heart, oh Lord.
Have Your way.

Have Your way.

0 comments: