Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Striving is a work of the flesh

Today, God said "ceased striving" Striving is a work of the flesh. If our flesh is week, we are only fighting flesh with flesh when we strive.  When our flesh is weak we need grace. It is done, God has done it all on the cross. I just need to know I am redeemed and follow my redeemer. Away from the old life...

Awesome truth, awesome song. I am redeemed, you set me free, shake off these heavy chains, rub off every stain, I'm not who I used to be ...



Seems like all I could see was the struggle
Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past
Bound up in shackles of all my failures
Wondering how long is this gonna last
Then You look at this prisoner and say to me
“Son, stop fighting a fight that's already been won”

(Chorus)
I am redeemed
You set me free
So I'll shake off theses heavy chains
And wipe away every stain
Now I'm not who I used to be
I am redeemed
I am redeemed

All my life I have been called unworthy
Named by the voice of my shame and regret
But when I hear You whisper, “Child lift up your head”
I remember oh God, You're not done with me yet

Chorus

I don't have to be
The old man inside of me
'Cause his day is long dead and gone
Because I've got a new name
A new life I'm not the same
And a hope that will carry me home

Chorus (X2)


Lyrics

0 comments: